EAWR recognized its Renaissance Award winners at an assembly on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017. Students received a Renaissance polo, certificate, and a chance in the prize drawing for their award(s), based on their academic performance and/or perfect attendance in the first semester of the 2016-17 school year.
A student receiving one of the academic Renaissance awards (Gold, Maroon, Silver, and White) qualified by his/her semester grade point average (GPA); by having three or fewer absences; two or fewer tardies; and no suspensions, ISS, or STOP placements.
Gold Level: 4.0 GPA or higher from that semester
Maroon Level: 3.5 - 3.99 GPA from that semester
Silver Level: 3.0 - 3.49 GPA from that semester
White Level: An increase of at least 0.5 in one's GPA from the previous semester
A student receiving the Perfect Attendance Award qualified because he/she had no absences and no tardies during that semester, no "F's", and no suspensions, ISS, or STOP placements.
See the attached files for lists of all our Renaissance Award honorees from the 1st Semester
Here is the list of prize drawing winners (Thanks to Mrs. Hawkins for the prize winner list ...):
TV / Jordyn Gibson
Beats Headphones / Timothy Oseland
(2) $50 VISA cards / Rebekah Null, Nicole Lane
(2) Tablets / Morgan Moxey, Summer Fulkerson
(2) $50 Wal-Mart Gift Cards / Kaylee Dailey, Gavin Whiteside
(2) $25 Casey Gift Cards / Tyler Hayes, Alice Slattery
(2) $25 Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Cards / Morgan Ruden, Hunter Jones
(5) $20 Movie Gift Cards / Caroline Campbell, Jared Liley, Hailey Marshall, Shawn McKee, Gage Nalley,
(10) $10 Subway Gift Cards / Courtney Bazzell, Katelyn Booten, Xavier Collman, Ethan Fillop, Jennifer Hallstead, Rachel Staten, Chase Wallendorf, Heather Watson-Thomason, Ryne White, Kaleigh Young
(10) $10 Starbuck’s Gift Cards / Jordan Yenne, Joel Biesk, Macy Flanigan, Nicholas Hayes, Reghan Levinson, Kendall Moore, Marrisa Morrison, Lauren J. Robinson, Mackenzie Munn, Ashley Reed
Humdinger Coupon Book / Jacob Vassos
TV / Noah Strebler
Beats Headphones / Zachary Womack
(3) $50 VISA Cards / Rebecca Nottke, Ian Patton, Alexis Reinke
(10) $10 Starbuck’s Gift Cards / Lindsey Bailey, Devin Rudd, Autumn Shoppell, Katelyn Sohn, Brayden Stone, Alyssa Troxtell, Chance Walter, Jacob Wells, Zachary Wells, Damien Wiseman
(2) $25 Wal-Mart Gift Cards / Damian Holbrook-Blair, Paul Magurany
(2) $25 Casey Gift Cards / Kayla Brantley, Krizza Domingo
(2) $25 Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Card / Caleb Bogus, Danielle Shimchick
(5) $20 Movie Gift Cards / Kara Crutchley, Sierra Henry, Alissa Little, Carrie Price, Jason Shea
(7) $10 Subway Gift Cards / Dezarae Crotts, Zachary Davis, Brian Fudurich, Hanna Lamere, Hailey Peck, Andrew Sobol, Brianna Yenne
Humdinger Coupon Book / Delaney Gibbons
Beats Headphones / Joseph Vassos
(2) $25 Wal-Mart Gift Cards / Eryn McLain, Madyson Voudrie
(2) Earbuds / Holly Goble, Austin Carlisle
(2) $25 Casey Gift Cards / Tyler McLain, Katelyn Powers
(2) $25 Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Cards / Emily Smith, Dalton Pryor
(5) $20 Movie Gift Cards / Gavin Fillop, Caitlin LeMond, Samantha Shimchick, Jonathon Wright, Allison Shook
(4) $10 Subway Gift Cards / Adelynn Bentley, Devin Curtis, Christian Johnson, Kathlyn Sutter
(10) $10 Starbuck Gift Cards / Breanna Belfield, Ian Calderon, Justin Englar, Makayla Gust, Skylar Maupin, Tony Rangel, Hope Springer, KaLynn Thompson, Alyssa Volk, Zaide Wilson
Humdinger Coupon Book / Jonathon Wreath
(4) $25 Wal-Mart Gift Cards/ Kiana Franklin, Cody Jones, Lukas Westbrook, Austin Slimick
(2) $10 Subway Gift Cards / Aaron Finley, Hunter Roberts
Humdinger Coupon Book / Maxwell Hoehn
1st Semester Perfect Attendance
(2) $50 VISA cards / Gage Booten, Wendy Wray
(2) Earbuds / Jillian Barber, Eryn McLain
(2) $25 Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Cards / Blake Unterbrink, Darren Spruill
(5) $10 Subway Gift Cards/ Cody Blair, Austin Hammond, Kaitlyn Pickett, Amanda Smay
(5) $10 Starbuck’s Gift Card / Xavier Collman, Brian Fudurich, Taylor Parmentier, Sydney Slayden, Joseph Ziegler
Humdinger Coupon Book / Josh Roswell
Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering Academic Challenge is a test-based competition hosted by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. East Alton-Wood River High School takes a team of 14 students that compete in subject area tests in English, Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering Graphics. Lewis and Clark Community College hosts the regional competition and schools or individuals can advance to sectional and state level competitions.
In 2017, a team made up of seniors: Brenden Allen, Victoria Kallal, Mackenzie Munn, Brayden Stone, Andrew Cline, Marissa Morrison, Lauren Robinson, Haley Shewmake, and juniors: Xavier Collman, Anthony Ellison, Zachary Kinkade, Rachel Staten, Emily Wilder, and Chase Wallendorff placed third in the 700-Division at the regional. Anthony Ellison earned a 2nd place medal in Physics, which qualifies him to move on to the sectional competition.
In 2016, a team made up of seniors: Caleb Bentley, Ally Covington, Tori Covington, Sam Fillop, Colin Gibbons, Lori Hickerson, Candace Keeton, Haley Kerpan, and juniors: Brenden Allen, Chris Bast, Zac Hudson, Victoria Kallal, Mackenzie Munn, and Brayden Stone placed third in the 700-Division at the regional. Chris Bast earned a third place medal in Computer Science.
Here is last year's team photo:
Congrats to our great students and thanks to Mrs. Parmentier for the copy and the photos!
See attached file for both the High Honor Roll and Honor Roll lists for 2016-17, First Semester ...
RevTrak sends out the following announcement:
Subject Line: Change is Coming to Our Web Store
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Our Web Store is getting a makeover! The mobile-friendly design will simplify your experience when making payments from any device. Just visit the Web Store through any web browser on the device of your choosing – it’s that easy.
In addition to the responsive design, enjoy the following features:
· Quick, two-step checkout process
· Convenient login window
· User-friendly design
We’re excited to share this update with you and save you time!
We were entertained last night (12/15/16) in the EAWR Auditorium in our annual Christmas Concert. Leading off the evening was our talented Concert Choir directed by Mr. Alexander and accompanied on the keyboard by freshman, Morgan Ruden. The Choir was later accompanied by the kids from the Region III CLIP program who, as usual, had a blast performing. And, our impressive EAWR Percussion Ensemble used their talents in performing on marimbas (vibraharps?), a glockenspiel, and some other percussion instruments, playing their version of Carol of the Bells.
We were also proud to welcome the Lewis & Clark Jr. High 5th Grade (beginning) Band, and their Concert Band. It's always nice to see the future of our EAWR band program, with Mr. Alexander later noting that several of our musicians were mentoring some of the L&C JH kids on their respective instruments. Thanks to District 15, Kim Hudson (Director). their musicians, and their families who helped us come close to packing the Auditorium last evening.
Finally, the EAWR Concert Band (also directed by Mr. Alexander concluded the concert, sounding wonderful, and putting everyone in the Christmas spirit just a little more. The band seniors also put their conductor in the season, with coffee cups and Keurig containers featuring their photos and a t-shirt and mug both featuring his "mug."
A .pdf of the Concert Program is attached below ...
Thanks to the Band Booster parents for hosting the punch & cookie reception in the East Building after the concert! Thanks to Principal Leigh Robinson for the photo montage below.
Go to the left margin menu for "District Vacancies" to view this opening ....
Each summer - during days that we have summer school class sessions - EAWR hosts free breakfasts for anyone in the school district that is 18 years or younger or, who are 19 years or older with a physical or mental disability, as defined by the Illinois State Board of Education. Breakfast operates from 7:30 - 7:55 a.m. each day that summer school is in session (which typically runs from late May or early June through the end of June or early July - TBA). One does not have to be enrolled at EAWR or be enrolled in summer school to be served the free breakfast. Call 254-3151, Ext. 2641 for more information about the free summer breakfast program.
To qualify as a Renaissance award winner, all students had three or fewer absences, no unexcused absences, no suspensions, and two or fewer tardies - all while maintaining a minimum specified Grade Point Average during that semester.
Gold Level / Second Semester / 2015 – 16 (GPA of 4.0/4.0 or better)
Brenden Allen, Lindsey Bailey, Courtney Bazzell, Gage Booten, Katelyn Booten, Caroline Campbell, Xavier Collman, Adam Copeland, Kaylee Dailey, Trenton Darr, Zachary Davis, Alli Franklin, Brian Fudurich, Kaitlin Goodbrake, Jennifer Hallstead, Nicholas Hayes, Zachary Kincade, Ashley Knight, Jared Liley, Hailey Marshall, Shawn McKee, Allison Mitchell, Marrisa Morrison, Mackenzie Munn, Nicholas Munn, Annelise Neathery, Rebekah Null, Lauren J. Robinson, Haley Shewmake, Sydney Slayden. Emily Smith, Raechel Springman, Rachel Staten, Phillip Tierney, Chase Wallendorff, Maegan Wallendorff, Lauren Wayman, Zachary Wells, Jordan White, Ryne White, Gavin Whiteside, Zaide Wilson, Jason Womack, Jr., Zachary Womack, Joseph Ziegler
Maroon Level / Second Semester /2015-16 (GPA of 3.50 - 3.59)
Joseph Barnerd, Joel Biesk, Jesse Brewer, Cailee Brown, Abigail Cathey, Bethany Clark, Jacob Cress, Kara Crutchley, Makayla Dolbee, Krizza Domingo, Justin Englar, Jacob Erslon, Desiree Ferrari, Delaney Gibbons, Kylee Gust, Fiona Hamiti, Tyler Hayes, Sierra Henry, Sierra Hurt, Hunter Jones, Maisie Kaylor, Sebastian Ledesma, Katelyn Lindquist, Alyssa Malley, Tristin Moore, Morgan Moxey, Gage Nalley, Caitlyn Olinghouse, Timothy Oseland, Ian Patton, Tony Rangel, Rachel Rodriquez, Lora Ruyle, Emilee Sabatino, Jacob Sarich, Dominic Scroggins, Danielle Shimchick, Autumn Shoppell, Amanda Smay, Hope Springer, Brayden Stone, Brooke Sutherland, Chance Walter, Allison Waters, Heather Watson-Thomason, Jonathon Wreath, Brittany Yenne
Silver Level / Second Semester / 2015 - 16 (GPA of 3.00 - 3.49)
Chenoa Akins, Caillou Assmar, Alexis Bell, Adelynn Bentley, Andrew Carpenter, Devin Curtis, Chandler Eckhoff, Ciara Evans, Kirstin Forgy, Jacob Friederich, Carissa Gilreath, Jacob Hall, Damian Holbrook Blair, Janie Hughes, Alyssa Kissee, Hanna Lamere, Tristan Lawson, Caitlin LeMond, Brianna Lewis, Alissa Little, Paul Magurany, William Malone, Jacob Martin, David McDaid, Jordan Mellenthin, Jacob Mustain, Owen Newell, Rebecca Nottke, Carrie Price, Dalton Pryor, Darin Redden, Paige Schuler, Matthew Shea, Ashli Shewmaker, Emily Sidwell, Andrew Sobol, Adrianna Stangle, Noah Strebler, Elizabeth Summers, KaLynn Thompson, Alyssa Troxtell, Jacob Vassos, Alyssa Volk, Madyson Voudrie, Kaleigh Young
White Level / Second Semester / 2015-16 (GPA of 0.5 increase or better over previous semester)
Jonathan Archer-Ramsey, Austin Carlisle, Blyghn Carter, Kevin Kearby, Douglas McClellan, Tiffany McMahan, Jason Shea, Joshua Stemm, Brayden Young
In addition, the following students received recognition for Perfect Attendance:
Perfect Attendance: 2nd Semester 2015-16:
Jacob Erslon, Brian Fudurich, Austin Hammond, Damian Holbrook-Blair, Janie Hughes, Tristan Lawson, William Malone, Jordan Miller, Annelise Neathery, Ian Patton, Katelyn Powers, Emilee Sabatino, Jacob Sarich, Amanda Smay, Noah Strebler, Andrew Tankersley, Chance Walter, Joey Ziegler
Perfect Attendance: Entire 2015-16 School Year:
Brian Fudurich, William Malone, Ian Patton, Emilee Sabatino, Noah Strebler, Joseph Ziegler
Here are the prize drawing winners from today's assembly.:
Perfect Attendance: 2nd Semester:
$50 Walmart GC / Annelise Neathery
$25 Movie Theatre GC / Noah Strebler
$20 Buffalo Wild Wings GC / Jacob Sarich
(3) $10 Subway Gift Cards - Emilee Sabatino, Janie Hughes, Jordan Miller
Perfect Attendance All Year 2015-16:
$20 Buffalo Wild Wings GC / Joseph Ziegler
$25 Walmart GC / Ian Patton
$25 Applebee’s GC / William Malone
White Level Prize Drawing Winners:
(5) $10 Subway GC / Jonathan Archer-Ramsey, Douglas McClellan, Tiffany McMahan, Jason Shea, Brayden Young
Silver Level Prize Drawing Winners:
$50 Walmart GC / Chenoa Akins
$25 Walmart GC / William Malone
$25 Movie Theatre GC / Carrisa Gilreath
$20 Buffalo Wild Wings GC / Tristan Lawson
$25 I-Tunes GC / Drew Sobol
(8) $10 Subway GC / Adelynn Bentley, Paige Schuler, Ashli Shewmaker, Elizabeth Summers, Jacob Vassos, Alyssa Volk, Madyson Voudrie, Kaleigh Young
$25 Applebee’s GC / Alexis Bell
Maroon Level Prize Drawing Winners:
Beats Earbuds / Cailee Brown
$25 Walmart GC / Autumn Shoppell
$25 Movie Theatre GC / Jesse Brewer
$20 Buffalo Wild Wings GC / Jacob Cress
$25 I-Tunes GC / Tim Oseland
$25 Applebee’s GC / Kylee Gust
(10) $10 Subway GC / Abigail Cathey, Kara Crutchley, Delaney Gibbons, Sierra Henry, Tony Rangel, Rachel Rodriquez, Lora Ruyle, Amanda Smay, Allison Waters, Jonathon Wreath
Gold Level Prize Drawing Winners:
Beats Earbuds / Chase Wallendorff
$50 Walmart GC / Emily Smith
$25 Movie Theatre GC / Raechel Springman
$20 Buffalo Wild Wings GC / Jennifer Hallstead
$25 I-Tunes GC / Kaylee Dailey
$25 Walmart GC / Nic Hayes
$25 Applebee’s GC / Katelyn Booten
(10) $10 Subway GC / Courtney Bazzell, Xavier Collman, Adam Copeland, Kaitlin Goodbrake, Jared Liley, Marrisa Morrison, Mackenzie Munn, Maegan Wallendorff, Zaide Wilson, Jason Womack, Jr.
Congrats to all of our award winners! We appreciate your hard work!
Welcome back to school, Oilers and staff! We hope everyone has a great 2016-17 school year. Students: If you have questions or concerns, please stop and ask any teacher, administrator, or staff member and they be glad to help.
We're really looking forward to great things from our students this year and are excited to get going!
- Dr. Pearson
Click on the link below to find the letter that was recently mailed to parents regarding 2016 Registration. This letter can also be found by clicking on the Registration Link on the left margin (under Resources).